Plumbing Industry Pathway:
MPAL ensures that all apprentices employed with us gain exposure to all aspects of the plumbing industry.
The areas of the plumbing industry you will gain experience in will be:
- Domestic and residential plumbing
- Sanitary plumbing
- Roof plumbing
- Fire hydrants & hose reels
- Commercial, industrial and high-rise plumbing
- Gas Fitting
An overview of the pathways in plumbing, a career in plumbing could be as follows:
- Plumbing apprentice (up to 4 years)
- Unregistered Tradesperson (2 year maximum)
- Registered Tradesperson (Certificate IV Plumbing and Contracts i.e. works for an employer or self-employed)
- Plumbing Foreperson (Managing plumbing works and a team of plumbers)
- Plumbing Inspector (Oversees plumbing works and inspects works on behalf of regulatory authorities)
- Plumbing Trainer (Deliver the plumbing trade to apprentices)
- Plumbing / Hydraulic Engineer / Consultant (Further study including university)
Want to become an apprentice plumber?
(Or the application process explained)
To apply for an apprentice position, you will need to complete the following steps:
Complete an application form including covering letter and an up-to-date resume.
Send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org.